Monday, October 20, 2008

Some Serious Sweat!

So all those folks that said that Bangkok was hot were not kidding.  This place is serious hot, and it is supposedly the winter time here.  People here keep trying to say that it gets hot like this in various parts of the States in the summer time, but I think it is BS.  Outside of the deep South, I don't think it gets this thick anywhere in the US.  It is amazing that after only a few days here, I am already used to having a constant sweat glaze.  Now I know why the Thai shower 2-3 times a day!

Things have been fun so far and I have many photos to upload already, but unfortunately the internet provided by the hotel is schoddy, so I will have post pictures later.  The other participants are a good time and they definitely make me feel like I am 22 again in a lot of ways.  I am trying to get a good Bangkok experience before heading out to my placement site, as I think I probably won't make it back here again anytime soon.  This town is pretty crazy and while there is definitely a lot going on, I am so happy that I will be in the far North for my placement.  I just don't think I could handle living in this city......way too loud and polluted.  

I know this isn't a very exciting post, but I wanted to put something up to let you all know I am still on the radar.  Hopefully, I will post pictures and some more interesting stuff in a few days!

2 comments:

T said...

Sounds awesome! I love HOT ! It's cold as all heck here in NJ.....So-o enjoy a little of that heat for me!

You might want to schedule some blogging time in your busy schedule...I want MORE DETAILS!

What do the people dress like? How do they act? Are there monkeys in the street? Are there street musicians???????

So much to tell!

hope you are having fun!

Heather Parker said...

Hey Petey - I say forget the showers and sweat it out! Blog about how delicious the food is!