Well, as many of you know, I will be moving to Thailand next Thursday where I will eat lots of yummy food and maybe even try to teach a little English for the next 6 months. I feel a little ridiculous doing a blog, but it is just way too convenient to ignore. I shall do my best to write regular updates and post lots of pictures, but you all know I can be pretty lazy sometimes so don't expect too much out of me.
I will be leaving San Diego next Thursday and will be arriving in Bangkok late Friday night. The first week I am in Bangkok with other program participants getting language training as well as teaching lessons. It looks like they will be taking us on a few excursions, including the Emerald Buddha Temple and Grand Palace as well as a two-night trip to Kanchanaburi, which is in Western Thailand on the Kwai River. The itinerary says that we will be doing some elephant trekking and bamboo rafting, SWEET!
After this brief training in Bangkok, I will head to Nan Province in Northern Thailand where I will destroy young minds and be eaten alive by mosquitos! Nan Province is pretty remote and the largest town in the entire province is Nan, with a population of about 35,000. I am still not sure if I will be living in Nan or in a smaller town, but either way, I don't think there's gonna be a whole lot going on once the street lights come on. No matter though, I am well equipped with a Kindle (thanks to the folks at Amylin!) for all my reading pleasure as well as my laptop for writing intelligent blog posts or maybe my first novel!
Next post will be from Thailand!
Love you!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Kelly,
I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read your posts. Hope you post lots of pics, too! I'm sure you'll learn them kids good.
You're going to have a great time, sis! Don't forget to Journal every day so that once this trip is over you can look back at what was going through your head! I wish I had been better at that!
I love you!
Post a Comment